Answers to specific questions about Statkraft's international trainee programme.
When do you publish the trainee positions, and where can I find them?
The trainee positions are announced around September/October each year. All the trainee positions will be published on our website.
Who can apply for the trainee programme in Statkraft?
The general requirements for applying to the trainee programme:
- You have a master’s degree with good results
- You are a positive team player who enjoys collaborating with others
- You are looking for a steep learning curve
- You are enthusiastic, take joy in your work and want to be part of the further development of Statkraft
- You are flexible in terms of tasks and mobility
You will find more detailed information about who we are looking for and the specific requirements in the respective trainee job advertisements.
What does the programme involve?
- The programme is a 16-month long learning and development programmes tailored for recent graduates and young professionals with limited work experience. The objective is to develop Statkraft’s future leaders and specialists while at the same time providing them a solid understanding of Statkraft’s organization and operations.
- Our 16 month programme entails three different work rotations, of which at least one will be abroad
- The programme is tailored to the trainee’s background and the unit’s competence needs
- There will be held regular courses and joint sessions where the trainee group meets
How many trainees do you hire each year?
Statkraft usually hires between 10-15 trainees each year. The trainee positions vary each year, depending on demand from Statkraft’s different business areas.
When is the deadline for applying to the trainee programme and when does the programme start?
The deadline for applying depends on when the trainee positions are posted. However, the deadline will always be stated clearly in the job advertisements and is usually in October. The trainee programme usually starts on September 1st. It’s possible to start the program earlier in agreement with the relevant department/contact person.
Is it possible to apply for more than one position?
Yes, you can apply to several positions that are relevant for you.
Will the trainee programme give me a permanent position?
Yes, the trainees are permanently employed in specific positions, where they will continue to work after having completed the 16 month trainee period.
Is it a requirement to speak Norwegian?
As Statkraft’s work language is English it is not a requirement to speak Norwegian. However, certain positions may require proficiency in Norwegian or other languages, but this will be stated clearly in the job advertisement.
Can I work in another country?
The trainee programme consists of three rotations, where we highly recommend having at least one job rotation abroad.